Look Up Days

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TV Finales and Premieres

Allen Gregory Finale- I don't think there will be a season 2, so lets just call it a mini series to make it sound like that was all part of their plan. I agree this show is bitter hearted and clearly isn't the kind of show to last generations and become a cultural phenomenon like 'The Simpsons', but honestly, I'm sad to see it go. Why? Not because it's hilarious (though it really does have its moments), but because I really am not looking forward to the new 'Napoleon Dynamite' animated series as a replacement.



Dexter: Season 6 Finale- By now, I find it are to believe the show can last more than 2 more seasons in the annoying holes it has dug itself into. As much as I enjoyed Mos Def's performance in this season of 'Dexter', this has by far ranked itself just above third season's pointlessness in story arc. Dexter didn't even really serve to much justice with his dark passenger this season. With the exception of some weird incesty stuff and the final scene, this season was completely predictable and forgettable, which is a real shame.



Misfits: Season 3 Finale- Like I said, it has got to be one of the best shows on television right now from my preference. It has enough comedy to create beautiful characters, but it still finds enough ground to create some thoroughly touching moments. Despite in some ways going exactly where a viewer thought it would eventually go with some of the characters, the moments were effective and has not diminished my enjoyment of the program one bit. Even though two important characters have departed the show, with the recent success Howard Overman has had in my opinion with the character of Rudy, I still believe the show has the ability to get back to it's roots.



Early Shameless: Season 2 Premiere- I enjoyed the new season opener in the American adaptation of the UK series, and even though it isn't the most exciting or even controversial thing on television, it definitely has it. It's not laugh out loud funny, but keeps that comedic realism tone that the UK is so known for. Certainly worth checking out if you have an open mind.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment