Look Up Days

Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011

High Anxiety- Surprised I had never seen this one, I finally saw this Mel Brooks classic. Being a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock, this film actually seemed quite perfect in terms of what I wanted. A spoof of his films, with most notoriety going to 'Vertigo', I went into it with high hopes. And while those hopes were slightly diminished, I definitely enjoyed myself. Funny, absurd, and a bit too much slapstick, those are staples of the average Mel Brooks film, so you can forgive a few misses when it ones to his humor. It seems like most people forgot about this one, so I would have to say it is one of his underrated films, even though I probably wouldn't rank it too high in terms of his filmography.

From what I have seen by him, here's my top 5:
5) Dracula: Dead and Loving It
4) History of the World: Part I
3) Blazing Saddles
2) The Producers
1) Young Frankenstein

So I guess 'High Anxiety' doesn't really rank, even though I somewhat enjoyed it. It was at least better than 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights' in my opinion.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment