Look Up Days

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lucky- As much of a chance I wanted to give to Gil Cates Jr.'s off handed SXSW comedy, 'Lucky' really just isn't all that funny. Colin Hanks' performance seems remarkably offhanded, but I don't know if I want to blame him or the writers. I can't tell if I should pity him or fear him, since he is a goes from awkward quiet type to confident 'Dexter' type in only a few minutes time. With Ari Graynor, his romantic interest, she put on a nice performance, both a little zany and vulnerable. But honestly, none of the characters were really likable, which kind of puts a halt on a romantic comedy. How could you want Hanks and Graynor to end up together if they are both terrible people? It was not a waste of time, but I don't think I enjoyed it.



Rise of the Planet of the Apes- Like the first time I saw this film, I enjoyed it.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment