Look Up Days

Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday, December 23, 2011

Abduction- Would be really silly, popcorn fun, though it's not very fun. I knew what I was getting into. Sure, Taylor Lautner has some stuntman skills, but in the end, the story wears everything else down. Maybe not even the story, The script is to blame. The dialogue is phony. When the lead characters point out that "wasn't this an interesting first date?" "definitely", I sigh. It points out the fact that this film is just as much of a plot as I thought it was. Taylor Lautner shirtless. Check. Taylor Lautner mackin' on the ladies (just Lily Collins, but you know what I mean). Check. And Taylor Lautner basically being better than anyone else in the film (except for the Dad character but he's never seen so he's not so much a bad@$$. Oh Well. I guess it was enjoyable, sort of. But not really. I wish it went to darker places, or created more three dimensional characters, or did anything interesting besides just exist. Director John Singleton has done interesting work, and Lautner clearly has the potential to be an action star (he clearly does a lot of his own stunts and is a talented martial artist i.e. 'The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3-D', and they look quite good too) but the script leaves wasted space for the both of them.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment