Look Up Days

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday August 27, 2011

Chernaya Molniya A.K.A. Black Lightning- On an essential level, it's just a russian 'Spiderman' with 'Transformers', the latter just being the fact that it involves a big ole Herbie car that allows him to be a superhero. I mean, seriously, comparing the two movies would take up a good amount of space. Homage is a little too kind of a word. But I enjoy 'Spiderman' and I hadn't seen it in a while so it's nice to revisit it in a different form. It's not a bad movie. Entertaining, certainly. If I hadn't been forced to watch 'Spiderman' like 15 times in row one time when I was sick, I would probably have found way less criticism for it. One thing I did enjoy was how the main character, Dima (Grigory Dobrygin), chooses to deliver flowers instead of doing something awesome with his cool flying car. It just seems hilarious that he would do something so silly with all the power he has. It's a blend of nature with technology I guess (trying to look for symbolism and reason). The most annoying thing I found about this movie was that the female lead, Nastya (is this a common name in Russia?) (Ekaterina Vilkova), has about zero to no personality. Outside of "she's hot", I can't for the life of me decide why Dima or his friend want to date her (love triangle). Sure, she likes good hearted guys… but then again, she turns down a guy after he fails an important exam for her, just cause she likes the Superhero who she doesn't know. Ridiculous. That girl just aint worth it. See this if you are in the need for a random generic Superhero flick.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment