Look Up Days

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday August 8, 2011

Astro Boy- I enjoyed this animation far more than I though I would. First, because it isn't just a simple robot hero story. This is the story of a kid who's death causes a heartbroken father to build a robot using his DNA, creating a robot with the same memories, but with a slightly different personality. The father dislikes him, because he reminds him of his departed son, so he chooses to kick him out of the home, leaving the emotion filled robot to find his purpose in this world. Pinocchio. It has an interesting premise and highly interesting themes for what I thought would just be about action. Robot (Slave) equality, Upper class vs. Lower class, the Struggle for Political Regime, yep they are there. This is more than you would think, and I enjoyed a large portion of it. Although I can't say much for the voice cast (especially that Nic Cage), I wouldn't let that sway my viewing. Considering that nobody I know has really seen it (kind of old for this kind of movie bro… Good point parenthesis response person) this is what I like to call underrated.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment