Look Up Days

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday September 18, 2011

Thor- I liked it, but didn't love it... I would still tell you to see it (especially since it has a big role in the background plot of 'The Avengers' movie). Despite its problems, I can certainly understand why someone as successful as Kenneth Branagh (Known for directing and acting in pretty much all the Shakespeare film adaptations and 'Frankenstein') would get involved. It's fairly well casted, since I enjoyed the performances of its real stars, Chris Hemsworth (Thor, getting tons of attention at the moment) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki, Thor's brother). Although the plot of the film is somewhat loose and thrown to the side of it's big action set pieces, when it does get into the mythos of Asgard and it's inhabitants, it's thoroughly interesting. On a different note, I felt like I couldn't feel the connection between Hemsworth's Thor and Natalie Portman character, despite it having a pivotal role in Thor's character development. Whatever, I guess that part of the screen time was given to Kat Dennings' "Pop Tarts" lines.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment