Look Up Days

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday September 19, 2011

X-Men: First Class- I found the film much more "fun" this time around (#2), which isn't to say as a bad thing, but as an "okay, I wants you to have a goodz time yo" sort of thing. I still didn't really see all that much friendship chemistry between actors, James MacAvoy and Michael Fassbender (although their dialogue seems to tell me otherwise) and January Jones is still as void of any acting range as the diamond shell of her mutant ability, but other than that, I had a good time with it. Bacon really shines in his role as Sebastian Shaw (the villain of the film) and all the other members of the so-called "First Class" have really fun lines and jokes that add to the "cool" atmosphere of the film. I think if the film focused less on the "First Class" and more on Charles Xavier and Magneto, the film may have suffered from redundancy so I can understand the lack of real conversations between the two "Besties". The film is a set up for what's to come, whether it's another prequel of a different character, or a sequel to this prequel, and considering this one's semi-high regard in my mind, I would gladly go to see it (as long as it isn't the 'Wolverine Origins' ones).




- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment