Look Up Days

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Adjustment Bureau- I welcomed in the new year with the classic fate vs. free will debate. Technically with an anti-religious answer too. But don't let that spoil the film if that doesn't sound like an appealing concept for a hollywood film. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have nice chemistry, have interesting banter, and the film is surprisingly light and comedic. But if you are worried, I ought to let you know, the message of not allowing a group of suit dressed men, all working for a mystery (never seen as well) chairman boss, put us on a defined path through life, despite the comfort of having the path, is certainly nailed into the brain. But I enjoyed it. Like I have said before, I love a nice romantic comedy with a winning couple. I wanted them to get together. I didn't care if that meant his and her fame filled careers would be damaged. That's a good love story. Even if they did a few fairly long time cuts like "Three Years Later" and "Eleven Months Later", I was entertained by the antics of the film. Definitely a under-seen film this year, and it deserves viewers, so I'm glad I gave it a shot. It's not a classic, but it's certainly good. THIS REVIEW HAS JUST BEEN ADJUSTED. See it. Love, Love, Love. Instant Classic. WINNING.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment