Look Up Days

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Marriage of Maria Braun- An odd film, if I had to describe it in any way at all. It's interesting, and poses a few nice questions about morality and the pursuit of a happy life with money and success in the way, but in reality, I can't say I liked it. I just walked out of it shell shocked. It's as if you go through this long journey for these two lovers to get together but by the end of it, the two lovers have changed so much that you don't really care if they end up together. It has great performances, most notably, Hanna Schygulla, as Maria Braun, but it's just a hard movie to handle. Maybe I'll watch it again, perhaps when I feel the need to see a good female actress at work, but for now, I feel no rush to.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment