Look Up Days

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friends With Benefits- Like I've said before, the cast really makes this film. The whole film seems cheaper when I think about the dialogue and app jokes coming from other people's mouths (though Kutcher and Portman probably could have done this one too though). So enjoy it, a solid enjoyable romantic comedy doesn't come around that often.



Transformers: Dark of the Moon- All together a little tiring the second time around. Especially knowing that after 2-3 hours of explosions (cool though they are), I will be rewarded with nothing but that same shlocky Optimus inspirational speech, with no real ending in sight. My problem is that it is left open ended. Why? It's the end. Why can't it seem like it? Everything until then is fine though (explosions and money burning by the second)… I mean, for a Transformers flick.



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- It's finally gotten to the point where I can completely decide that I enjoy Part 1 more than Part 2. Despite the Helena Botham Carter/ Polyjuice scene being one of the best in the series in my opinion, the film really is just okay. By okay, I mean good, just not notable. I liked it, but it feels like a concluding chapter rather than one on its one. It's like the last chapter in a book. You've already gotten through the real arcs, now you just have to finish it so that nothing is left to watch. Actually, I'll put the movies in order so you get that I'm not hating on it.
8: Chamber of Secrets
7: Order of the Phoenix
6: Sorcerer/Philospher's Stone
5: Half-Blood Prince
4: Deathly Hallows Part 2
3: Goblet of Fire
2: Prisoner of Azkaban
1: Deathly Hallows Part 1
None of the films are bad. All are awesome. But after about ten minutes of deliberation, that's my order of 8.



- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment