Look Up Days

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Town- The First Impression



This is the new movie from "The Director of Gone Baby Gone". Now I put this in quotes because of the fact that this director perhaps should reveal to the audience his little secret. Right out of watching that trailer, I chuckled. Why? Cause this director is none other than its very own star, Ben Affleck. Now, maybe the trailer is just trying to seem cool with its "From the director of" thing, but part of myself wonders if this is a possible cover up of his name because of the fact that Affleck no longer holds great actor status after movies like Gigli and Reindeer Games (the latter of which I found hilarious, I mean come on, in what other movie are you going to find the protagonist make a trade off of bank robbery plans for a glass of hot chocolate). It seems these days that Mr. Affleck gets no credit for his work. He's not amazing or anything, be he's always great in supporting roles (recently Mike Judge's Extract) and was pretty damn good in some of his earlier movies (Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy). I think its time for a return. Affleck Redemption. In fact, I think he should go ahead and reunite the Affleck/Damon team, and also get Casey Affleck in on it too. I smell oscar number 2 for that one. But until then, this one looks pretty good. Also, can't say I don't enjoy the fact that Affleck has robbers wear face masks in both Gone Baby Gone and The Town (I think we have found a director trademark.)

Post Viewing: This movie is great and I couldn't be happier!

- Jeff Bassin

No comments:

Post a Comment